Spelling/ Vocabulary Words for April 3-7, 2017
We are learning about Homophones this week!
These are the words and definitions:
- anywhere (adv) in or to any place
- declare (v) to make known in an official fashion
- hare (n) a rabbit-like animal with long ears
- hair (n) thin filaments growing from the skin
- wear (v) to put on or have a clothing on the body
- where (adv) at, in, from to what place or position
- scarce (adj) insufficient for the demand
- dairy (adj) relating to milk or milk products
- repair (n) the result of fixing or mending
- fair (adj) the right way for everybody to be equal
- fare (n) a fee for transportation service
- unfair (adj) relating to a perceived injustice
- glare (v) to stare in an angry or fierce way
The spelling test will be on Thursday, April 6.
Have a great week!
*Remember students can earn 5 points extra credit for writing each word 10 times. Also, any grade below a 70, students can correct on a separate sheet of paper for an improved grade. Spelling- missed word must be written 5 times for credit, vocabulary- correct word and definition must be written, Grammar- new sentence (complete and correct) must be written.